Meet the Staff
TUTOR AND COLLEGE FOUNDING PRINCIPAL
BSc.(Hons), Dip.FD, Dip.FSE(Ca), Dip.MoD, MBIE, MEAE, MBIFD, Affil. AAPT.
Since the age of fourteen Andrew has been involved within funeral services, serving as a funeral director/embalmer for over twenty years. A passion for professionalism through education has seen his career develop and span the Atlantic with time served in both the UK and Canada.
Andrew’s dedication to helping others develop as professionals and promoting ‘passion for the profession’ was realised in 2018 when the doors opened to La Calavera College, the first dedicated mortuary science college in the UK.
Now a Principal for the college on a full-time basis, Andrew provides theory and practical tuition for the science and art of embalming. He is currently working towards developing the funeral directing focus of the college and continues to pursue academic interests in the fields of bio-medical and anatomical sciences.
View Andrew's Teaching Credentials
- Accredited tutor for the British Institute of Embalmers
- Visiting lecturer for University of Chester
- Pathology Dept. lecturer for Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
- Level 3 Award progressing to level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
View Andrew's Qualifications
- Ongoing studies inc. MSc. Bio-medical Sciences, PGDip. Anatomical Sciences
- Bachelors degree in Mortuary Science 2015
- Diploma in Management of the Dead 2017 (Academy of Forensic Medical Sciences)
- Funeral Service Education graduate (Humber College, Ontario, Canada) Class 1: Honours 2009
- Qualified embalmer since 2007 and member of the British Institute of Embalmers
- Member of the European Association of Embalmers since 2014
- Qualified funeral director since 1999 and member of the British Institute of Funeral Directors
- Participant in developmental series of public and professional anatomy workshops in association with University of Edinburgh